Monday, September 28, 2009

Overcome in 1 John

1 John 2:14 (Show me 1 John 2)
I write to you, fathers, because you know him who is from the beginning. I write to you, young men, because you are strong, and the word of God abides in you, and you have overcome the evil one.

1 John 4:4 (Show me 1 John 4)
Little children, you are from God and have overcome them, for he who is in you is greater than he who is in the world.

1 John 5:4 (Show me 1 John 5)
For everyone who has been born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world—our faith.

1 John 5:5 (Show me 1 John 5)
Who is it that overcomes the world except the one who believes that Jesus is the Son of God?

-to conquer
-to carry off the victory, come off victorious
-of Christ, victorious over all His foes
-of Christians, that hold fast their faith even unto death against the power of their foes, and temptations and persecutions
when one is arraigned or goes to law, to win the case, maintain one's cause

No comments:

Post a Comment