Saturday, November 30, 2013

Mouth and Heart

Luke 6:45

The good person out of the good treasure of his heart produces good, and the evil person out of his evil treasure produces evil, for out of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaks.


Matthew 15:18

But what comes out of the mouth proceeds from the heart, and this defiles a person.


Deuteronomy 30:14

But the word is very near you. It is in your mouth and in your heart, so that you can do it.


Job 22:22

Receive instruction from his mouth,

and lay up his words in your heart.


Psalm 17:3

You have tried my heart, you have visited me by night,

you have tested me, and you will find nothing;

I have purposed that my mouth will not transgress.


Ecclesiastes 5:2

Be not rash with your mouth, nor let your heart be hasty to utter a word before God, for God is in heaven and you are on earth. Therefore let your words be few.


Romans 10:8

But what does it say? "The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart" (that is, the word of faith that we proclaim);


Romans 10:9

because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.


1 Samuel 2:1

Hannah's Prayer

And Hannah prayed and said,

"My heart exults in the Lord;

my horn is exalted in the Lord.

My mouth derides my enemies,

because I rejoice in your salvation.


Job 31:27

and my heart has been secretly enticed,

and my mouth has kissed my hand,


Psalm 19:14

Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart

be acceptable in your sight,

O Lord, my rock and my redeemer.


Jeremiah 12:2

You plant them, and they take root;

they grow and produce fruit;

you are near in their mouth

and far from their heart.


Romans 10:10

For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved.



--
Regards,
Ryan Chia

It is not so much the case that God has a mission for his church in the world,
as that God has a church for his mission in the world.
Mission was not made for the church; the church was made for mission—God's mission.

From The Mission of God by Chris Wright



No comments:

Post a Comment